Saturday 20 February 2016

Simple Pleasures - DT Creation - TSS - BFS - Blush

Thank you for making another visit here to my blog.
This evening I have the third of my creations titled "Simple Pleasures" designed for The Scrapbook Store. The paper collection I am using is the Blush collection from Blue Fern Studios. These papers are fabulously delicious and delicate. Perfect for the feminine creations which I love to create.


I started this layout by firstly matting my photo and 
 then cut various sized of paper, distressed them and then layered each beneath the matting. I added some pieces of laces at the right top corner and left bottom corner on each layer to highlight the layering made. The background paper was framed using the lace. This was glued and once it dried I ran through the middle of the lace with some machine stitching.


Each chipboard pieces was dressed in gesso to start. The large circle frame was coated with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and then covered with a very generous coating of Extravaganza White Crackle paste and left to dry. And with the high temps we are having here at the moment it took half the time to dry which was fantastic because while I waited I dressed the cute little windows with a little distress ink (Walnut Stain and Green Moss).  Each window was also backed with patterned paper from the collection and then glued in place. I cut one of the windows in half to make them go further.


And so from there I started layering up my layout with the matting pieces first and they were mounted with a little scrap chipboard.


I then added in my windows and then the large circle frame. Once they were all down I then started working with my flower clusters. I added in some leaves.


To add more interest to the page I glued in some clear seed beads that I have had in my stash forever!!! I used a little gel medium to lay these in. I have also popped in a few pieces of cheesecloth.


Here you can see the layering at the top with the lace and papers. I finished off the page by dusting all my flowers and leaves and foliage pieces with a little gesso.  

Well that is all from me tonight! I hope you have enjoyed your visit.
Hoping you have a fabulous weekend and until next time ...happy scrapping. 

Tina xo


Materials List

Blue Fern Studios - Blush - Fondness
Blue Fern Studios - Blush - Celebration
Blue Fern Studios - Blush - Devoted
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Beaded Flourish
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard Windows
Scrap Fx Chipboard Title "Simple Pleasures"
Prima Marketing Inc. Flowers Royal Menagerie - Helena
Petaloo Botanicals Peach
I am Roses Lillies
I am Roses Magnolias
Kaisercraft Foliage
Kaisercraft Paper Leaves
Green Tara Rose Buds
Lace
Cheesecloth 
Liquitex Gesso
Prima Marketing Art Basics White Crackle Paste
Seed Beads Clear
Gel Medium
Distress Inks (Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain and Forest Moss)
Machine Stitching
Pink Cotton




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017