Saturday 19 December 2015

"Merry & Bright" Berry 71 Bleu Challenge / Fabscraps

Welcome .........

Today I am very excited and honoured to have been asked by the lovely Denise Van Deventer from Berry71Bleu Scrapbook Layouts to Guest Design for December!!! Thank you Denise from the bottom of my heart! Denise is also my Design Team buddy from Fabscraps, so I thought it only fitting to create my layout using the new Christmas Collection from Fabscraps called 
"Christmas Memories". I absolutely adore these patterned papers and chippies from this collection. 

The Berry71Bleu Scrapbook Layouts page has the monthly Moodboard Challenge out. You can find it  below or pop on over to Berry71Bleu Scrapbook Layouts to find out more.


And this is my interpretation of the moodboard!
Layout titled "Merry & Bright".



On my first look at the moodboard is was most obvious to me that I would be using the black and red! My favourite colour combo for Christmas I would have to say, and I also had the perfect photo!! As my son is getting older he is not as happy to be in front of the camera. These kinds of photos are a rarity! So this is one photo from not so long ago that he was happy to be a part of and I think the title sums up the photo brilliantly!


I have used a LOT of embossing powders for this one, making my own transparencies and dressing my chippies and also the metal embellishment which you can see here.


The heart wood flourish was inked and then covered with a great deal of Crackle Accents to achieve these cracks. The Fabscraps title "Merry & Bright" was embossed several times to give a desired dimension to it, then it was sprinkled with gold embossing powders to make the title pop.


Oh and how I love my lace. Well there is plenty here to lay your eyes upon. I have tucked a lace motif under the base of the photo matting. I firstly spritzed it with a charcoal spray but it didn't give me the intensity I was looking for so I then decided to paint it with my Dusty Attic acrylic paint (Soot), and it was perfect. I highlighted areas with some Dusty Attic Vintage Gold and also a dry brushing of gesso.


This fabulous Fabscraps chipboard Candle and Holly was the actual starting point to my layout. It has been dressed with embossing powders in differing sections. The holly leaves were outlined and coloured with a little distress ink and then covered with clear embossing powder.



And from a different point of view.
I hope I have inspired you in some way to use this month's Berry71Bleu Moodboard
There is so much inspiration that can be taken from it.
Thank you for looking and until next time happy scrapping.

Tina xx



Materials List



Fabscraps Christmas Memories - Christmas Tags C79 008


Fabscraps Christmas Memories - Working Elves C79 004


Fabscraps Christmas Memories - Father Christmas C79 001


Fabscraps Christmas Memories - Christmas Decor C79 002


Fabscraps Christmas Memories - Christmas Children C79 007
Fabscraps - Merry & Bright DC79 005


Fabscraps - Candle and Holly DC79 013  

Fabscraps Metal Embellishments     

Other Products

Lace Motif
Lace
Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint (Soot) DA0925
Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint (Vintage Gold) DA0926
Liquitex Gesso
Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Ranger Black Embossing Powder
Ranger Distress Ink - Black Soot
Ranger Distress Ink - Crushed Olive
Ranger Distress Ink - Forest Moss
Ranger - Emboss It Dabber
Ranger Crackle Accents
Daler Rowney  Acrylic Artists Ink - Black
Splatter Brush
Transparency Paper
Cocoa Vanilla Flowers (Tis' the Season)
Prima Marketing Inc.
Prima Marketing Flowers Inc. Metal Embellishments #583552
Prima Marketing Inc. Clear Stamp  #579210
Stampin' Up Stamps - Flourish
Petaloo International Flowers
Miscellanous Christmas Berries
Kaisercraft Wood Flourish (Heart)
Kaisercraft Acrylic Stamp - Script
Kaisercraft Black Rhinestones
Stampin' Up Stamps - Flourish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017