Tuesday 29 December 2015

"Like a Boss" Fabscraps Teens Collection Design Team Creation

Hello and welcome once more.
As I had promised last week I would share another of my Fabsraps projects making their way to Anaheim for CHA. And wouldn't you know it, I can create with a flower in sight.......although I must be very honest, that I found it difficult, but I love the end result and I think it is a true reflection of this most awesome collection from Fabscraps.

And to add to my delight of finishing a project with no flowers is the fact that I can make a memory for my son who doesn't show up near as much as my girls! Love you to the moon and back buddy. xo

"Like a Boss"


Today I have completed a full materials list for you along with a short step by step. And of course a lot of close up photos.

Materials Used

Fabscraps #Teens Collection Staycation C80 007
Fabscraps #Teens Collection Hash Tag C80 007
Fabscraps Chipboard DC80 003 “Like a Boss” Title
Fabscraps Chipboard DC80 013 Cogs
Fabscraps Chipboard DC80 014 Circles and Stars
Liquitex Gesso
Distress Ink Black Soot
Ranger Acrylic Dauber Paint
Tim Holtz Metal Embellishments Numbers and Quote Tag
Cotton (Grey)
Clear Drying Glue
Prima Marketing Inc. Black Crushed Glass
Twine (Grey)
Folk Art Metallic Silver Acrylic Paint
Crackle Accents

Step by Step Guide

  1. Apply two coats of white gesso to each piece of chipboard and metal embellishments. Leave to dry and then apply black ink and blue paint to each piece. Lighten up with a little dry brushing of gesso if inking becomes too dark. Apply Crackle Accents to metal embellishments and Chipboard Title “Like a Boss” and leave to dry.
  2. Ink heavily the edges of Fabscraps Hash Tag using black ink. Using the lid from a bottle of some description, dip into some gesso and make a few circles around the page and leave to dry.
  3. Take Fabscraps patterned paper Staycation and cut mats for two photos. Distress matting of each and then with remaining Staycation cut the bricks from the paper. You will need to do the remaining piece. Layer sections and use mounting tape to give dimension if you wish on to background piece Hash Tag. See layout for positioning.
  4. Adhere mounted photos to the middle of layout as shown. Tuck in and layer all chipboard pieces, metal embellishments.
  5. Embellish a little more with pulled cotton. Colour with a little paint (Blue and Gesso) if so desired.
  6. And lastly apply some clear drying glue in and around cogs. Sprinkle over some black crushed glass or beads. Colour with paint (blue and gesso) if so desired or you could leave it to really pop from your layout.
  7. Your layout is now finished ….. just frame and hang!



And some many close-ups!!








Well that is all from me today. I so hope that you have enjoyed your visit here and this project.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a very happy and safe 2016.

Until then 
Take care and happy scrapping.

Tina xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017