Wednesday 5 August 2015

"A Perfect Day - Together" -August Sketch Challenge at The Scrapbook Store

Welcome back! I hope you are well and warm wherever you live. It has been a little cooler here in the evenings and early mornings of late hence my lateness of this layout. Haven't wanted to be getting out of bed in the early hours as I normally do!
Today I have my interpretation of this months Sketch Challenge designed by the ever so clever Marlize Frisby. Every month she comes up with a new and inspiring sketch. And this one I think is absolutely stunning and so very versatile.



I have titled this layout "A Perfect Day - Together".


I challenged myself this month to use up some old bits and pieces that have been laying around for some time. Pion Design is a huge favourite of mine, but not one that I have used for some time. I have combined two collections from Pion Design to create this month. ( A Day in May and My Precious Daughter). Funnily enough the inspiration for the colour combo for this layout come from a simple little stamp collage on a tag in this collection. You can see it in the top left of my layout. Isn't it funny what can spark inspiration.


 I recently acquired some new release chippies from Dusty Attic, so I just had to use these. This one is called Leafy Stem #5 and it is just gorgeous. I ended up using 2 packets to complete this page........one just wasn't enough!!! I dressed this chipboard by painting on some distress inks and layering the colours as I went to get the desired colours. I dried everything off and gave it all a good covering with my all time favourite Crackle Accents. This product will enhance the intensity of the ink colours. So if you are ever looking for that extra bit of oooomph for a layout I always find this the perfect go to product.


I have also added in some gorgeous Antique Linen Distress Glitter over the twine wrapped around these cute little corked bottles I picked up during the week. I also added it to some of the edges of my flowers to give them some highlights. The flower centres were painted with a little distress ink (Forest Moss) to co-ordinate with my page.


Now I am not great at nest making but I gave it a go! I used some florist fibres and some bits and pieces of cheesecloth and then I tucked in these really cute eggs and bird that I cut from a tag in this collection. 


Well that's it from me today. Remember there is $40.00 up for grabs just by uploading  your interpretation for this months sketch challenge over at The Scrapbook Store.

Thanks for popping by today.
See you next time.

Tina xx

I design for the Scrapbook Store.

Materials List

Pion Design - My Precious Daughter - Syringa PD4909
Pion Design - My Precious Daughter - Tags PD4912
Pion Design - A Day in May - Tags PD4412
Dusty Attic Marrakesh Trellis Small DA0807
Dusty Attic Word (Together)
Scrapmatts Words
Dusty Attic Leafy Stem #5  DA1144
Tim Holtz Distress Glitter - Antique Linen
Liquitex Gesso
Ranger Crackle Accents
Ranger Distress Inks ( Walnut Stain, Forest Moss, Shabby Shutters)
Petaloo International Forget Me Not White #1837-000
Wild Orchid -Magnolia White
Glass Bottles
Twine
Doilies
Tea Dyed Cheesecloth
Beaded Branches


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017