Sunday 28 June 2015

"A Wee Little Story - Together"

Well I am back again......this time with another creation created for my Design Team part over at The Scrapbook Store. I think this would have to be my favourite layout done from this collection. When I first received this collection I knew instantly which photo I wanted to use. But it took a long time to find. Thought it was a photo of my own, but it turns out that my mother in law took the photo and it is in her collection. So I kindly asked her to send it over! There were so many of these photos that I could not choose just one.....so I went with three!

This is a photo of my eldest daughter sitting quietly listening intently whilst her Dad reads to her. These are the photos that pull on the heart strings for me. They recall the moments that we will never have again..............

So I hope you enjoy this, I have titled it ...

"A Wee Little Story - Together"



My starting point with this layout believe it or not was this beautiful Chipboard Brittania Flourish from Blue Fern Studios. I wanted to create an aged feeling with this flourish. But firstly I cut it at 3/4 of the way down to elongate the chipboard piece. I then started to dress the piece using three acrylic paints to create a rusting effect. I did many layers of paints drying in between to create a bubbling effect on each layer. Once finished I framed my matted and inked photo with the chipboard flourish anchoring it with mounting tape to the right middle of my background piece.


I have printed off two extra photos from this day in a smaller size and matted them as previous.
I then poked them in to sit at the top right and bottom left of the main photo.



As seen here I have clustered my flowers to run from the right photo through the middle and down to the third and last photo at the left of the page. I used a chipboard title piece from the Prima Marketing Bedtime Stories collection to adorn the base of the Brittania flourish. This was firstly inked with Walnut Stain and mounted.


I have included a few more close-ups for you.





Well that's all from me today. So hope you have enjoyed your stay here today. I will be back tomorrow with the last of my DT creations for the month of June. Please find below the list of materials used for this project.

Thank you so much for visiting me here and happy Scrapping ......

Tina xx


Materials List

Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Storytime Friends #847074
Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Baby Doll #847043
Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Chipboards & More
Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Ce Ce - flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Lizzy - flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Ettie - flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Bedtime Stories Collection - Lenorah - flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Butterfly Opuscule - flowers
Prima Marketing Inc. Something Blue - Ring Bearer - flowers
Memory Maze Chipboard Title - Together 
Blue Fern Studios - Brittania Flourish
Folk Art - Metallic Inca Gold
Tim Holtz - Distress Paint - Antiqued Bronze
Liquid Pearls Bisque
Kaisercraft Kaisercolour - Raw Umber
Kaisercraft - Paper Leaves
Green Tara - Leaves
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Liquitex Gesso
Heat Tool
Pussy Willow Strands (green)
Cheesecloth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017