Tuesday 31 March 2015

"Love is Kind" - The Scrapbook Store April Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone. I hope you are all well. Only one day left and we have our wonderful Easter holiday break. We here are at the Ollett residence, are very happy to see them come around so quickly. The kids, hubby and I are wanting to do a whole deal of nothing over the next 10 days. 
Well, we will see how that pans out! I'll keep you posted.

Today I have my first Design Team project for The Scrapbook Store for April. This is my take on the Sketch Challenge for April. If you find you are needing a challenge, this is an excellent way to take your scrapping to another level. I love using the sketch and turning it around as I have done here. I sometimes look at elements on the page and swap them with chipboards or flowers or just paper! The world is your oyster really.
So below you will find the sketch designed by the very lovely and talented Marelize Frisby.

TSS_Sketch_-_April_2015.jpg

I have titled this one "Love is Kind". 
My eldest daughter Ashlea is about to celebrate her 14th birthday, so I thought I would create her a little something to reflect on. Her journey! Hope she likes it!
                           

So for this creation I have used Blue Fern Studios - "Love Story" Collection. Except this time I have not used the reds and kept the colour combination very simple. I wanted it to be a little shabby so I have used lots of White Crackle Paint and simple inking techniques. The back ground page and corrugated board have all been painted with a watered down solution of gesso to mute the darkness and make the papers and board pop a little more.

   

I have changed up the cherry blossoms by inking and painting them. The chipboard watering can is just delectable. I simply gessoed this then inked and gave it a small covering of Crackle Paint. Once dry I then inked it again.

    

Here you can see the Blue Fern Studios Page Chain Chipboards. They too are just divine. I have arranged these to make it look as if Ashlea is being cradled amongst the chain and flower clusters. I have then tied each side with some very fine seam binding into a bow either side.

      
                             

Once again all the flowers have been dusted down with a little gesso.

    

    

I have used some really cute and very little cabichons here. Simply glued them on to some spare patterned paper with a little clear drying Scotch glue and let them dry. Cut them out and sanded the edges and adhered them to the layout in a couple of clusters.

    

And another view.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. And remember if you would like the materials list for this project keep scrolling down to the bottom.
 I would like to wish you and your families a safe and most happy Easter break. 
See you back here again soon. 

Happy Scrapping

Tina x

I design for the Scrapbook Store.

Materials List

 Blue Fern Studios - Love Story - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - Amazing HeartBlue Fern Studios - Love Story - 12"x12" Double Sided Patterned Paper - CotlillionMaya Road - Alterable Crochet Trim - Mini Banners Dusty Attic - 12"x12" Corrugated Card - Raw - 2 Sheets Prima Marketing - Art Basics - Texture Paste - White Crackle  Bottle Cap Co - Bottle Caps - Acrylic Cabochon - 1/2" Dusty Attic - Mini Birds #3Green Tara - Paper Leaves - 2.5cm - Green

Blue Fern Studio "Love Story" Amazing Heart x 1
Blue Fern Studio "Love Story" Cotlillion x 2
Blue Fern Studio Forever Acrylic Stamp
Blue Fern Studio Chipboard Page Chains
Dusty Attic Corrugated Board 
Dusty Attic Mini Bird #3 DA07272
Dusty Attic Watering Can DA0403
Maya Road Trim Crochet Trim Banner
Tim Holtz Metal Frame
Prima Marketing Inc. Isabella - Abree x 1 pack #655350
Prima Marketing Inc. White Crackle
Prima Marketing Resin Clock
Prima Marketing Wood Flourish Flowers
Green Tara Fern Leaves
Green Tara Leaves with Brown Tips
Cherry Blossom Twigs
Peach Seam Binding
Cabichons
Cheesecloth
Scrapmatts Scrap Words - Black
Liquitex Gesso
Ranger Crackle Accents
Ranger Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and Black Soot
Folk Art Acrylic Paint - Metallic Peach Pearl




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017