Sunday 25 January 2015

"Life is Beautiful"

Hi there and welcome to my blog.

 Today I have a share of a Design Team creation for Fabscraps. This time around I have used the new "Floral Delight" collection. The instant I saw this paper I thought of a boys layout......but funnily enough the photo I found to use was capturing a moment that I felt needed a touch of softness to it. So for this I decided to use a lot of lace and flowers. Not such a masculine page but I really wanted to relay the moment was was captured by my camera. 

My son Hayden has a very special place in his heart for all animals especially dogs. This photo was taken on our move to Brisbane. Whilst waiting for our house to finalise the kids and I stayed at a bed and breakfast for a couple of weeks up in the hills of Morayfield. We were looked after by a lovely lady called Meg. She had two lovely old dogs that would look in on us every day during our stay and Hayden took particular interest to this one. His name I cannot remember, but I do remember him going missing one night and returning the next day very tired and disorientated. After a good feed and some loving cuddles he came right fortunately.

I have titled this layout "Life is Beautiful".....I hope you enjoy it.


I have used lots of layering of papers for this one with the addition of cutting out panels of the circles to add an extra layer.



This lace has been sitting in my stash for ever and a day so I thought that now was the time to use it. I have spritzed it with some mist to give the tea colour. It has also been cut up into smaller pieces to make it go further.


I have added some snippets of tea dyed cheesecloth into sections of the flowers to make them pop a little more off the layout. Here you can also see the layering of the cutout circles with the striped patterned paper beneath.


I have added a few Fabscraps charm pieces here. These are my new favourite things to embellish pages with. Here you can see the key tied with a piece of jute....so cute!!


I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. Remember to keep scrolling if you are interested in a materials list and instructions. 

Happy Scrapping

Tina xx




Materials Used:

Fabscraps C74 Collection "Floral Delight":

Fabscraps C74 001 Blue Birds x 1
Fabscraps C74 003 Delft Flowers x 1
Fabscraps C74 002 Delft Blue x 2 (Background / Framing and Matting)
Fabscraps Charm Heart
Fabscraps Charm Key
Fabscraps Charm Vintage Nameplate

Other Embellishments:

Cardstock Cream
2 x Doilies
Distress Ink Walnut Stain
Black Embossing Powder
Versa Mark Embossing Ink
Transparency Paper
Assortment of Flowers
Cheesecloth
Lace Motif
Acrylic Stamp

Instructions:

  1. Take your first piece of Delft Blue and distress edges and ink with Walnut Stain. Take a cream piece of Cardstock and trim to measure 29.5 x 29.5cm, distress and ink and adhere atop of Delft Blue.
  2. Take Delft Blue and cut to measure 29 x 29cms. Distress and ink edges. Using a craft knife cut circles as shown in layout. Distress circle edges and ink some. Keep a couple of the circles cut out and sand edges and ink and set aside. Cut Delft Flowers patterned papers (using striped side) and lay under circles cut out and adhere to base. Adhere two inked doilies at left bottom and right top. 
  3. Make a double mat using Delft Blue and Cream Cardstock. Adhere sanded photo atop of this and adhere over doilies.
  4. You can now start to embellish your layout using a lace motif firstly. This has been cut up and place around the photo as shown.
  5. Continue embellishing with flowers adding pearls and some tea dyed cheesecloth. Cut up extra pieces of lace and place around layout.
  6. Stamp a title using embossing powders on cream cardstock and cut to fit Fabscraps Charm Nameplate and adhere. Adhere nameplate atop of flowers in cluster at right of the page. Tie some jute through the charm key and adhere to left bottom of layout. The heart charm sits atop of the large flower at the top right of layout. Lastly adhere the circle and bird cutouts as shown.
  7. Your layout is now complete.....just frame and hang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017