Saturday 31 January 2015

"Awesome Times"

Welcome!!

As with the previous posts I have mentioned that my goodies box from Fabscraps contained 3 of the new releases being shown this year at  CHA. This collection titled Floral Delight is the second of the collections. It contains two lots of differing colours, a green and yellow range as seen here and a white and blue range.  I saw the yellow and green and immediately started fussy cutting in front of the television that night. Wasn't sure what I would do with it but this is how it came about.

I am pleased to present to you "Awesome Times".


I firstly layered a couple of pieces of  the Floral Delight patterned papers and distressed and inked them.


My fussy cutting which has been layered and mounted. These were really easy florals to cut out.


If you look closely you can see that I have done some shadowing using Distress Inks and a paintbrush, and I then watered it down with a little sponging of white gesso.


I have also added a lot of bling and some random stamping using my favourite postal stamps.



The Fabscraps chipboard titled was simply dressed using some liquid pearls. And for the tag from the journal book I added a Fabscraps Filigreee charm that I dressed with liquid pearls and cut in half and slid it over and behind the tag.


Some more close-ups of the stamping and fussy cutting.


And of course I tucked in a little hand dyed cheesecloth for good measure!!

I hope you like this one as much as I enjoyed creating it. One of my favourites, and I don't say that too often. Keep scrolling for materials and instructions, and if you like leave me a message and let me know what you think.
Thanks for visiting and happy scrapping.

Tina x




Materials Used

Fabscraps Collection C74 "Floral Delight":

Fabscraps C74 008 x1 Floral Stripe
Fabscraps C74 006 x1 Birds and Butterflies 2 (Background paper)
Fabscraps C74 007 x 1 Floral Delight
Fabscraps C74 005 x 1 Birds and Butterflies ( cut out of butterfly only)
Fabscraps MC 001A Journal Book (Tag)
Fabscraps Filigree Charm
Fabscraps DC 74 006 Awesome Times

Other Embellishments:

Assortment of Acrylic Stamps
Rhinestone Bling Flourishes
Liquid Pearls (Silver Pearl)
Distress Inks ( Black Soot)
Archival Inks (Watering Can)
Gesso
Cheesecloth

Instructions:

  1. Cover Fabscraps chipboard title with silver liquid pearls or similar and leave to dry.
  2. Take Fabscraps “Floral Delight” and cut a photo mat using the striped side. Sand edges of a 4 x 6 inch black and white photo and adhere atop of mat and distress edges. With remaining paper fussy cut a number of flowers for embellishing layout.
  3. Take Fabscraps Floral Stripe and trim 1cm from each edge. Fold over at 1cm on each edge and score and distress and ink. Adhere atop of second piece of “Floral Delight”.
  4. Do some random stamping using an assortment of stamps and a grey coloured archival ink. Adhere photo and mat.
  5. Cut tag and cut filigree charm in half and adhere atop of tag as shown. Cover charm with silver liquid pearls or similar.
  6. Adhere flourishes to layout and then adhere mounted floral cut outs and tag as shown. Adhere title.
  7. Lastly do some shadow colouring, using distress inks and water with a paintbrush. Tone down with a little gesso if too dark.
  8. Your layout is now ready to frame and hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017